The 20th Annual Appalachian GuitarFest and Solo Guitar Competition will be held April 9-12, 2015.
Guitar Orchestra is music now available for download! See the link to the left of this page.
Deadline for receipt of ALL paid competition registrations is April 3, 2015!!
We're happy to announce that the Courtyard Marriott and Fairfeild Inn are our OFFICIAL GuitarFest hotels! All transportation that we provide for registrants is ONLY to these hotels!
Fairfield Inn: 828.268.0677
Courtyard Marriott: 828-265-7676
Ask for the GuitarFest room rate! Deadline for special room rate booking is March 25.
NOTE: We're hearing from our hotels that they're completely SOLD OUT on April 10, and completely or nearly sold out the other days around the Fest. Seems there are some other big events going on in Boone this weekend! So, make your reservations ASAP - if you can't get a room at the Fairfield or Marriott, we'll work on some alternate arrangements to shuttle you to campus on Friday for the competition events that day.
Deadline for receipt of paid competition registrations in all divisions is APRIL3, 2015.
THREE evening concerts, featuring Denis Azabagic, Corinne Cassini, Douglas James, Hazel Ketchum, Matt Palmer, Gohar Vardanyan, Stanley Yates, and the GuitarFest Guitar Orchestra conducted by Alan Hirsh.
MORE DETAILS SOON!!
- For all inquiries, e-mail to: email@example.com.
- All concerts will be held in the Broyhill Music Center at Appalachian State University.
- Full package price for festival participants, including all concerts, masterclasses and workshops: $80. Additional fees for competitors: $40 for Division I and II, $20 for Divisions III & IV DETAILS SOON!
- One parent or guardian of pre-college registrants may attend any events for free!!
- Individual tickets for evening concerts and Division I competition final round are $20 ($10 for ASU students with I.D.) and will be available at the door.