Chorus Audition Workshop
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
WE HAVE REACHED THE MAXIMUM TYHAT WE CAN ACCOMODATE.
FOR THOSE THAT HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED, IF YOU NEED TO MAKE CORRECTIONS OR DELETIONS, PLEASE EMAIL ME THROUGH THE LINK BELOW.
Honors Chorus Audition Workshop - September 20, 2014
Welcome to the information and registration page of the 2014 Honors Chorus Audition Workshop. We hope that this form of communication about the workshop will be convenient and easy to use. Please check back here often for the most recent updates. Please click here to go to the registration site.
When I receive your on-line registration, I will email a quick response giving you the number of students you have registered. If this is not correct, please try registering again. I would much rather have double registrations than to leave someone off. If you do not receive an email from me within a couple of days of your registration, please call me (828) 262-6450 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To go to the registration form, please click here. Remember, the registration deadline is Tuesday, September 16th. Last year I had to turn some schools away because we filled up, so please register early.
We'll be at the Broyhill Music Center this year. However, it is Open House on campus that day, so it will still be a busy place. Once you have registered your students, then I will send you parking and traffic info for that day.
- 8:45 AM Registration - Lobby of Broyhill Music Center
- 9:15 AM Warm-up - Rm. 214
- 9:30 AM Choral rehearsal - Rm. 214
- 10:15 AM Sight reading session for those that feel they are "note ready" on the audition piece; those needing more work on the piece may remain in the rehearsal
- 11:15 AM Finish up rehearsing and talk about audition strategies and rehearse the audition "cut" - Rm. 214 BMC
- 11:30 AM "Auditions" begin; each of these auditions will take about 5-7 minutes and are held in various rooms inthe BMC
- Second sight reading session begins
Students will need to bring:
- A copy of the audition piece - "Jabberwocky" by Rene Clausen
- A pencil
- Money for lunch