Individual lessons are offered in piano, voice, guitar, violin, viola, cello, clarinet, flute, saxophone, trombone, trumpet and drum set/snare
IMPORTANT: Please contact the instructor of the instrument of your choice BEFORE registering online.
- As of Fall 2019, all participants will be charged an additional $25.00 registration fee unless they register by September 15, 2019.
- As of Fall 2019, fees vary according to CMS Faculty training and experience. They are divided into three options:
- Apprentice; $25.00 per ½ hour; $35 per 45 minutes; $45.00 per hour
- Master; $35.00 per ½ hour; $45.00 per 45 minutes; $55.00 per hour
- Professional; $45.00 per ½ hour; $65.00 per 45 minutes; $80.00 per hour
- Please be certain that you have received a definitive commitment from your instructor regarding lesson arrangements PRIOR to registration.
We do offer payment plans, & assistance; your balance does not need to be paid all at once!
Our assistance funding comes primarily through donations. We appreciate your honesty about your needs, as we have limited funds and want to make these programs possible for the maximum number of families.
The application for tuition assistance is included during registration. Please email CMS director for any additional questions, Dr. Nicole Sonbert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please visit the CMS webpage to begin the registration process. On the website you will find information about all our faculty and their experience. Faculty will be listed as either Apprentice, Master, or Professional. Once you've decided on the faculty member with which you would like to study, please follow the steps below.
- Email the faculty member to make an initial contact and check their availability
- Schedule a 30 minute introductory consultation for free with the faculty member
- During the 30 minute introductory consultation, you will set up the lesson schedule and determine how many lessons for which you should register.
- After the consultation, please visit music.appstate.edu/cms to register and make your payment.
Payments are NOT made directly to the faculty members at any time. All payments must be processed through Conference and Camp Services. Please direct any billing questions to Dr. Nicole Sonbert at email@example.com.
No refunds will be made after the 2nd week of lessons. If a request for a refund is made before lessons begin, a full refund minus a $30 processing fee will be granted. Otherwise, the amount refunded will be prorated in addition to the processing fee charged. There will be no refunds for classes/ensembles after the first class. Please note that refunds will be made by university check and that this can take up to several weeks.
- Any lesson missed by CMS Faculty will be made up. If the teacher must reschedule a lesson, the student should be notified 24 hours in advance. The missed lesson may be made up in several ways:
- adding additional time to future lessons (i.e. adding 15 min. to the next two lessons)
- scheduling an hour-long lesson on a future date, or
- rescheduling the lesson for another day and time
The CMS sponsors end-of-semester recitals twice a year. Students have the opportunity to prepare and perform on these recitals as a celebration of their accomplishments during the year. Students will perform at the discretion of their assigned CMS teacher.