Honors Chorus Audition Workshop - September 16, 2017
REIGSTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. I WILL BE SENDING OUT AN EMAIL WITH FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION LATER TODAY OR EARLY ON THURSDAY. PLEASE RESPOND ASAP SO I CAN FINISH THE PREPARATIONS FOR SATURDAY.
Welcome to the information and registration page of the 2017 Honors Chorus Audition Workshop. We hope that this form of communication about the workshop will be convenient and easy to use. Please check back here often for the most recent updates.
When I receive your on-line registration, I will email a quick response giving you the number of students you have registered. If this is not correct, please try registering again. I would much rather have double registrations than to leave someone off. If you do not receive an email from me within a couple of days of your registration, please call me (828) 262-6450 or email me at email@example.com.
To go to the registration form, please click here. Remember, the registration deadline is Tuesday, September 12th. Last year I had to turn some schools away because we filled up, so please register early. We are using a new registration interface that I think will be easier and take less time for you. One special note: your registration is not complete until you click "submit" on the "Additional Input" page. Please let me know if you have any problems with it.
We'll be at the Broyhill Music Center this year. I think we actually have the campus to ourselves that day, so parking should not be an issue.
- 8:45 AM Registration - Lobby of Broyhill Music Center
- 9:15 AM Warm-up - Rm. 214
- 9:30 AM Choral rehearsal - Rm. 214
- 10:15 AM Sight reading session for those that feel they are "note ready" on the audition piece; those needing more work on the piece may remain in the rehearsal
- 11:15 AM Finish up rehearsing and talk about audition strategies and rehearse the audition "cut" - Rm. 214 BMC
- 11:30 AM "Auditions" begin; each of these auditions will take about 5-7 minutes and are held in various rooms inthe BMC
Students will need to bring:
- A copy of the audition piece - "Sing Ye to the Lord" by Handel
- A pencil
- Money for lunch