The 25th Appalachian State GuitarFest and Solo Guitar Competition is scheduled for April 1-3, 2022!
Scheduled Guest artists include:
- For all inquiries, e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All concerts will be held in the Broyhill Music Center at Appalachian State University.
- Full package price for festival participants, including all concerts, masterclasses and workshops: $85. Additional fees for competitors: $40 for Division I and II, $20 for Divisions III & IV.
- One parent or guardian of pre-college registrants may attend any events for free!!
- Individual tickets for evening concerts and Division I competition final round are $30 ($15 for students with I.D.) and will be available at the door.
Perform with the GuitarFest Guitar Orchestra!
See the Schedule for rehearsal times. The Guitar Orchestra performance is part of the evening concert on Saturday, April 2! Get your music for Alan Hirsh's arrangement of Classical Gas here. Choose the part that you suites you!
The Official GuitarFest hotel is the Super 8 of Boone! They have great discounts for GuitarFest, and we only provide shuttle service to and from campus with the Super 8. Using this link to make your booking will automatically get you the discount.
Check back regularly for more festival details.
The Boone Suzuki Guitar Workshop runs concurrently with the Appalachian State GuitarFest. More information can be found at https://www.winstonsalemsuzukischool.com/
Advance rebistration has closed. You may still register upon arrival at the Festival, but will need to pay in cash or by check. No payment by card is possible then.
Concerts Featuring: Adam Kossler, Alan Mearns, Marco Sartor, Oleg Timofeyev, and the Appalachian State GuitarFest Guitar Orchestra, conducted by Alan Hirsh. Additional seminars with Matt Anderson, Hazel Ketchum, and Andy Page.
George Thomas Panormo guitars, one included with 1st prize in Division I
Concert guitar by Thomas Baldwin, one included with 1st prize in Division II