Our Hayes School of MusiConnect! program is designed to give prospective music majors an opportunity to explore the Hayes School of Music virtually. We invite you to experience the vibrancy and creativity of the Hayes School of Music during your visit with us!
- Zoom sessions with degree program representatives, our ensemble directors, and current Hayes School of Music students
- A virtual private lesson or an observation of a current student's lesson with a studio professor
- Access to our YouTube Channel with videos of classes, rehearsals, and performances
- A virtual tour of the Broyhill Music Center
- Must intend to MAJOR in music
- Must be a junior or senior in high school or a transfer student seeking to transfer to Appalachian State University
- Must be able to read music
- A parent or guardian is strongly encouraged to attend the Zoom lesson and is welcome to attend any other Zoom session.
Request to Participate in MusiConnect!
You will receive a confirmation email when your request form has been received. Once your virtual visit is set, you will receive an email with instructions and links to your Zoom sessions.
Hayes School of MusiConnect! Spring 2021 Zoom Schedule
(All sessions are scheduled for 7 pm)
Submission of the Hayes School of MusiConnect! Request Form is required for participation in these Zoom sessions.
- February 3: All Degree Areas (double majors/undecided students/open to all Hayes School of MusiConnect! participants)
- February 15: Music Industry Studies
- February 17: Music Performance, Composition/Theory, Sacred Music, Jazz
- February 23: Music Education
- February 25: Music Therapy
- March 18: Music Industry Studies
- March 23: Music Performance, Composition/Theory, Sacred Music
- March 29: Music Education, Jazz
- March 31: Music Therapy
- April 8: All Degree Areas (double majors/undecided students/open to all Hayes School of MusiConnect! participants)