- For all inquiries, e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All concerts will be held in the Broyhill Music Center at Appalachian State University.
- Full package price for festival participants, including all concerts, masterclasses and workshops: $80. Additional fees for competitors: $40 for Division I and II, $20 for Divisions III & IV.
- One parent or guardian of pre-college registrants may attend any events for free!!
- Individual tickets for evening concerts and Division I competition final round are $25 ($15 for ASU students with I.D.) and will be available at the door.
Our competition registration deadline is March 13th, 2020. We will be in contact regarding competition registrations and scheduling on March 16th.
ANNOUNCING: The official hotel of GuitarFest 2020 is the Super 8 of Boone. tel:828-355-6590
The Super 8 is offering GuitarFest registrants the extraordinary low rate of $79 per night! Additionally, we will be operating our shuttle to and from campus and the Super 8 on Friday for competition rounds that day. Ask for the GuitarFest special when making your reservations.
Participate in the GuitarFest Guitar Orchestra!
All registrants are invited to play in the festival Guitar Orchestra, conducted by Dr. Alan Hirsh. You can download parts to all the pieces here:
Generally speaking, parts I and II are the most technically challenging, IV and V less so, and part III is the easiest. (The contrabass parts requires a special instrument an octave lower than standard guitar.) Choose whatever you're most comforatble with. The performance is Sunday morning, March 22. You can see the Guitar Orchestra rehearsal schedule on our Schedule of Events page.