- All students wishing to enter degree programs in the Hayes School of Music must successfully complete the audition process.
- Monday, February 22, 2021 is the deadline to submit recorded audition materials. These will be submitted through your MyMountaineer portal.
- Saturday, March 13, 2021 is the final date to audition over ZOOM. Applicants will need to submit their initial audition materials by Feb. 22 to be considered for this date.
- If you are currently enrolled in Appalachian State University and wish to audition, please contact the appropriate studio faculty for instructions for how to submit your audition materials.
- For further information, please contact Ms. Janet Adams with any questions.
Welcome to the Hayes School of Music
The Hayes School of Music prepares young musicians for professional lives as performers, composers, music educators, music therapists, conductors, and music industry professionals, ensuring the next generation of musical leadership for the state, region, and nation. Noted for quality instruction by national and internationally recognized faculty musicians, the school offers four undergraduate degree programs and two graduate level degree programs.
The Hayes School of Music also engages the local and regional community with more than 190 concerts each year, giving students valuable performance experience. The school offers summer workshops for teachers, year-round musical instruction for people of all ages through the Community Music School and the renowned Cannon Music Camp for outstanding high school musicians.