Campus Dining and the Hayes School of Music present Bach's Lunch!
Next Lunchtime Concert: 1:00 on Wednesday, February 14
- Free Concert! Enjoy live music of different genres during lunch, performed by students and faculty of the Hayes School of Music.
- Concerts are at 1:00 on the second Wednesday of each month, starting on October 11.
- Location: Rotunda of Sanford Commons in Central Dining Hall. No purchase is necessary to enjoy the concert, since visitors may enter the public seating area to access the Rotunda, but a wide variety of meal options are available. (See dining venues here - the ones noted as Sanford Commons are right next to the concert.)
- Music students interested in performing, please contact your professor to learn more.
- Visitors coming to campus for the concerts may find it most convenient to park in the Rivers Street Deck (see the web page for how to park) and walk across the Skybridge, which connects with Central Dining Hall.
Wednesday, February 14, 1:00pm
- E.Q. Euphonium Quartet: Students of the Hayes School of Music, coached by Dr. Samuel Ambrose, present music for 4 euphoniums - the smaller cousin of the tuba. The smooth, melodious sound of the euphonium quartet is not to be missed!
Check back the week before each concert to see who's playing! The series will present a variety of chamber music (small ensembles of 1-8 musicians) and different kinds of genres - not just Bach.
Learn more about Campus Dining
Find dining venues, menus, news, and more at https://dining.appstate.edu/.
Concerts are held in the Rotunda seating area of Sanford Commons.
More to Explore at the Hayes School of Music
- We offer around 200 performances every year by students, faculty, and guest artists, almost all of which are free and open to the public! Visit music.appstate.edu/performances to see our upcoming concerts. At that link you will also find a livestream of most concerts (available during the time of the concert).
- Many Hayes School of Music ensembles are open to App State students of any major. Visit our page about Opportunities for All Majors to learn more. Most ensembles accept new members at the start of each semester.
- The Community Music School offers programs open to college students, adults of all ages, and youth in the community. Group programs accept members near the beginning of each semester, while private lessons can generally begin throughout the semester.