GuitarFest 2023 Registration
Register and pay at this link:
- If asked for a code, enter Guitarfest23.
- If you do not have an Iris account, you will need to create one (tutorial here).
- For participants under 18, a parent/guardian will need to complete the registration. To register another person in your family, click “Create Additional Registration.” One adult can attend free with each minor student and will need to attend all events with the student.
- For help with the form, please contact Katie Jensen (email@example.com, 828-262-6568).
- For other GuitarFest questions, please contact Dr. Adam Kossler.
FULL REGISTRATION $130 *
Full registration includes all concerts, masterclasses, workshops from March 31 to April 2. Participation in competitions and masterclasses is included in this registration. Performers in masterclasses will be determined on a first come, first serve basis.
SUZUKI TRACK REGISTRATION $130 *
Students participating in the “Suzuki Track” of Appalachian Guitarfest will register for the $130 option. For Suzuki students, registration will include: March 31(4:00-6:15 pm) Registration/Play-In, April 1 (9am-6pm): group classes, ensemble, masterclasses, electives, Guitarfest competitions and final Suzuki concert. Suzuki students will be assigned a masterclass teacher and WILL NOT select a masterclass teacher from the registration form.
AUDITOR REGISTRATION $90*
Auditor Registration includes entrance to all concerts, masterclasses and workshops, but does not include participation in competitions or masterclasses.
SINGLE EVENT REGISTRATION $30*
Single event registration includes entrance to one of the following events (select in registration):
- Concert 1, Adam Kossler and Scott Borg - March 31, 7:30 pm
- Concert 2, Maya Loncar and Austin Wahl - April 1, 7:30 pm
- Open Division Competition Finals, April 2, 1:00 pm.
*Parent or guardian supervision is required of all students under 18 years old. One parent or guardian of pre-college registrants may attend any events for free.
All concerts will be held in the Broyhill Music Center at Appalachian State University.
App State students will be admitted for free with Student ID.
Please note: Cancellations prior to the event will receive a refund with a $10 cancellation fee subtracted. The University reserves the right to cancel or amend this event if federal, state, local, or University guidelines change to address developing conditions due to COVID-19.
Hotel and Parking
The official hotel of GuitarFest is the Sleep Inn. Follow this link for a 10% discount on hotel booking for GuitarFest attendees (valid only March 31, 2023 through April 2, 2023).
Free shuttle service will be provided from Sleep Inn to Hayes School of Music on Friday, March 31. This allows registrants to avoid paying for parking fees at the university. The shuttle schedule will be made available via email by March 30. Guitarfest guests under 18 may not ride the shuttle.
Participants wishing to park on campus will need to pay hourly at Rivers Street Deck or on King Street. Parking after 5:00 or on the weekend is free.