The Hayes School of Music is excited to announce the formation of the Hayes Young Artists Scholarship Program. Students auditioning for acceptance into the School of Music on the specified scholarship audition dates will be considered for this prestigious scholarship program.
- Up to seven Hayes Young Artists will be chosen each year, with one recipient representing each of the seven performance areas (woodwinds, brass, strings, guitar, piano/organ, voice, and percussion).
- Recipients will receive a significant merit-based scholarship, renewable for up to four years.
- Hayes Young Artists will be featured in special performances and programs to develop their performance skills and to serve as ambassadors for the School.
- Consideration for these scholarships will be based on audition day performance.
- To be considered, students must audition on or before the following audition dates: January 21, February 4, February 11, and February 25. Students auditioning on our final audition date on March 4 are not considered for the Hayes Young Artist Scholarship.
- All prospective students wishing to be a part of this scholarship program must audition for the Hayes School of Music on the specified scholarship audition dates.
- To be eligible, a prospective student must have applied for admission as a first-year (freshman) student at Appalachian State University by the time of the audition.
- The winners of the Hayes Young Artist Scholarships must attend Appalachian State University and major in music to receive their award.