Welcome to the Hayes School of Music
The Hayes School of Music prepares young musicians for professional lives as performers, composers, music educators, music therapists, conductors, and music industry professionals, ensuring the next generation of musical leadership for the state, region, and nation. Noted for quality instruction by national and internationally recognized faculty musicians, the school offers four undergraduate degree programs and three graduate level programs.
The Hayes School of Music also engages the local and regional community with more than 190 concerts each year, giving students valuable performance experience. The school offers summer workshops for teachers, year-round musical instruction for people of all ages through our community music school and the renowned Cannon Music Camp for outstanding high school musicians.
2014 Scholarship Audition Schedule
- Saturday, December 6, 2014 (Instrumental Areas)*
- Saturday, January 17, 2015 (Instrumental and Vocal Areas)*
- Saturday, January 31, 2015 (Instrumental and Vocal Areas)*
- Saturday, February 14, 2015 (Instrumental Areas)
- Saturday, February 28, 2015 (Instrumental and Vocal Areas; for Admission Only)
*To be considered for the Hayes Young Artist Scholarship and to participate in the competition process, prospective students must audition on one of the "starred" dates.
Prospective vocal students must complete the Vocal Audition form found on our audition page and submit appropriate audition material.