Parking and Directions
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS FOR COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL REGISTRANTS
For general Appalachian State University parking information, see parking.appstate.edu.
Broyhill Music Center (Community Music School)
Address: 813 Rivers St, Boone, NC 28608
Free Ways to Get to Campus:
You can park briefly in the Broyhill circle (flashers on) to drop off a student. For minors, an adult will need to walk the student to and from their class for check-in and check-out.
We are on the AppalCart route! Taking the bus to campus from another location is free of charge. We are a 2 minute walk from the ASU Peacock Traffic Light stop, a 4 minute walk from the ASU Peacock Circle stop, and a 7 minute walk from the ASU College Street Station. Please allow extra time to get to your lesson or class. See routes and schedules here: https://www.appalcart.com/route-maps-and-schedules
Parking Pass Information
- Beginning Fall 2023, there is a charge for parking between 7am and 7pm on weekdays at Appalachian State University.
- For visitors who do not already have an App State parking pass, a visitor parking pass can be purchased in their Community Music School registration form.
- 7am-7pm visitor parking pass - $25/month
- 5pm-7pm visitor parking pass - $10/month
- These semester visitor passes allow the holder to park in any University-owned surface lot, including the lots around the Broyhill Music Center, any weekday of the specified month(s) except for football game days.
- The Community Music School does not make money from parking passes. We are not able to cover these through tuition assistance or discounts.
- Please contact Carey Driskell (firstname.lastname@example.org, (828) 262-2942) with questions about the parking passes.
How to pick up your parking pass (UPDATED Spring 2024):
NOW EASIER! Passes DO NOT need to be picked up off campus!
If you have purchased a parking pass in your completed registration at least 2 business days before your first class or lesson, you can pick it up when you check in at your first class or lesson. (If the pass is not purchased at least 2 business days before your first class/lesson, it will not be available for your first class/lesson, but it will be ready for your second class/lesson.)
The parking pass is a hang tag that you will then put on your vehicle for the semester. You may wish to arrive a few minutes early to your first class/lesson in order to place it on your vehicle.
Where to Park
- Broyhill parking lot (yellow star), which is directly in front of the Broyhill Music Center
- Schaefer parking lot (blue star), which is directly beside the Broyhill Music Center, in front of the Schaefer Center for the Performing Arts
- Peacock parking lot (green star) which is across the street from the Broyhill Music Center.
- Upper lot behind the Broyhill Music Center (to the left of the building on the map), which is accessible from Bodenheimer Drive.
- Click here to view another map.
Community Music School private lessons will be on the 4th floor of the Broyhill Music Center in practice rooms 430, 432, and 434 unless otherwise specified. To reach the private lesson rooms...
- From the first floor: Go up the elevator to the 4th floor, turn left and walk past the sofa area, then turn right. A CMS employee will be there to welcome you.
- From the fourth floor: Enter from the door near the emergency phone post, furthest from the parking lot entrance. The CMS private lesson rooms will be in front of you.
- If your private lesson is in a professor's office, they will share the room number wih you before the lesson.
For group classes, each participant/family will receive an email with the room number. Please come into the building to check your child in and out of their class.
The Broyhill Music Center is located near the end of Rivers Street, located between the Schaefer Center of the Performing Arts and Walker Hall. If you turn past the Convocation Center to get on Rivers Street, the Broyhill Music Center will be on the left. Click here to view a map.