The Appalachian Chorale is a large choral ensemble open to all students, faculty, and members of the High Country community, with no audition required. The Chorale provides an opportunity for musical growth and enjoyment through the rehearsal and performance of choral masterworks. Any interested singer who can carry their part in four-part harmony is encouraged to join.
This Fall, App State welcomes the new director of Appalachian Chorale: Dr. DaVaughn L. Miller, Associate Professor of Music (Gospel Choir and Choral Ensembles)! A two-time App State alum, Dr. Miller has previously conducted the App State Gospel Choir and will also conduct the Appalachian Chorale and Glee Club.
Community members will register for the Appalachian Chorale through the Community Music School.
No audition is necessary!
- Conductor: Dr. DaVaughn Miller
- Rehearsal Times: 7:00-9:00pm on Mondays beginning August 22. The ensemble follows the Appalachian State University semester schedule.
- Location: Room 214 of the Broyhill Music Center
- Price: Select from “Pay What You Can” options of $0-$175.
- Parking is free after 5:00.
- Participants are expected to attend all rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances.
- A syllabus will be provided by the first rehearsal.
- High school students (14-18) may join with the approval of the App Chorale director. Interested high school students should email Dr. DaVaughn Miller (email@example.com) for permission prior to registration.
App State students (all majors), please register for Appalachian Chorale (MUS 1109) through Appalnet. For questions about registering as an App State student, contact Ms. Janet Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community members, register through this link:
- If asked for a code, enter AppChoraleFall22.
- For technical help with Iris Registration forms, please contact Katie Jensen (email@example.com, 828-262-6568) in the Office of Conference and Event Services..
- "Pay What You Can" options are available in registration. You can choose from amounts of $0 through $175. Payments help cover the costs of holding Appalachian Chorale. Any payments selected will need to be completed at the time of registration.
- All community participants will complete a photo/video/audio release at the first rehearsal. Concerts will be live-streamed on the Hayes School of Music website.
- For students under 18, a parent or guardian must fill out the Youth Participant Drop-off and Pick-up Form - Fall 2022 before the first rehearsal.
- All singers - Please come a few minutes early to the first class to fill out the Paper Packet. We will provide blank copies. You can preview the Paper Packet here: Youth Packet // Adult Packet
After registering, please fill out this survey by Aug. 29:
This will help Dr. Miller place singers in the appropriate ranges and roles. Thank you!